SXSW Music Kickoff: Day 1
- Photos galore: Our photo staff was everywhere on day one, check out pictures from the iHeartRadio Showcase (with Macklemore), Fader Fort and Brazos Hall, JanSport Bonfire Sessions at Viceland and Pandora Discovery Den . But if you’re looking for gritty and instagram-y, here’s a gallery made by our reporters on the scene.
- Matt and Kim at Fader Fort: Here is a video from the duo’s electrifying set.
- Skating Polly: We caught up with the 12- and 17-year old who are playing together at 8 shows this SXSW. Hopefully the venues allow them in without a valid ID.
- Wild at Viceland: Our scene report on the rowdy crowd at the pop-up venue.
- K-Pop Night Out: While only one band played stereotypical K-Pop, crowds got to see Korean chart-toppers bring their acts to SXSW.
- Roar House at Lustre Pearl: Attendees caught the “official DJ of the Miami Heat” coupled with free food and an open bar
- Fam Jam at Saxon Pub: Performers and their children took to stage at the South Austin venue.
- The Polyphonic Spree at Red 7: Patrick Caldwell reviews the show for Austin360
- People of Letters Review: Patrick’s at it again, this time going off the beaten track to the 18th floor of the Hilton Garden Inn.