(Top photo by Rodolfo Gonzalez; Middle Row photos by Jay Janner; Bottom Row photos by Ashley Landis for Austin American-Statesman)
SXSW Music Day 5 (the final day): Relive the star-studded finale of this year’s festival, and check out some video of up-and-comers:
- Saturday in pictures: Check out all of our staff photos from all of our Saturday coverage, or take a look at our individual galleries of Justin Timberlake, Prince, Smashing Pumpkins, South by San Jose, and the Statesman’s own Rock the Lot.
- JT rocks the Copper Tank: It may have been one of the hardest tickets in town to get, but our Chad Swiatecki reviews Justin Timberlake’s secret show.
- Prince closes with a bang: The Purple One takes the stage in a marathon set, one of the most unforgettable of the festival.
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis at it again: Proving to be SXSW workhorses, the duo closed their whirlwind week at the Austin Music Hall.
- Bonus Macklemore: The interview: The men behind “Thrift Shop” dish about record labels, their recent success and humble beginnings on a Radio Shack karaoke deck.
- SXSW interview with Las Cafeteras: The folky seven-piece band collective sits down with Austin 360.
- A Day At The Mohawk: Our photographer Rodolfo Gonzalez captured 24 hours at the Mohawk during SXSW when Iggy Pop played
- Video acoustic sets: We caught up with several artists on the street who performed for us: Israeli/Ethiopian artist Ester Rada; Black Violin; and freestyle rapper Mastermind