Austin360 Food/Drink Review: 5.15.2013
Catch up on some of our best recent food reporting in Austin360:
- Lucinda Hutson shares lifelong love of tequila and Mexico in new book: Hutson talks tequila and shares some recipes from her new book, “Viva Tequila!: Cocktails, Cooking, and Other Agave Adventures.” (And check out the video!)
- Smooth operators: 10 soft-serve spots around Austin: When faced with a Texas summer, where should you go in Austin to get your soft serve fix? We’ve got some answers
- Bees are the buzz at The W Hotel: The rooftop of The W Hotel in downtown Austin is host to 10 beehives. The honey these bees produce will be used in the hotel’s bar and restaurant in specialty cocktails, desserts and appetizers.
- Food Matters: BBQ bible from Texas Monthly’s BBQ editor, Epic meat bars, plus a recipe from Charleston’s Lee brothers
- High school culinary students convene for conference: More than 500 high school students in Central Texas enrolled in culinary arts programs attended a Culinary Arts Career Conference at Palmer Events Center.
- Austin’s Holy Smokers compete on ‘Chopped,’ launch new barbecue sauce
- Openings and Closings report: Quickie Pickie opens on East 11th; Houndstooth opens downtown, and more